Lisa M. Appelt, MS, FNP
Lisa M. Appelt is a New York State licensed and board certified Family Nurse Practitioner specializing in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is experienced in Obstetrics and Women’s Health and Wellness from adolescents through perimenopause. Her professional certification is through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Lisa attended the State University of New York at New Paltz where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. She then attended Concordia College, where she obtained a second Bachelor of Science in Nursing and acquired her Registered Nurse Licensure. She later completed her Masters of Science through Long Island University at Post, specializing in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Her professional experience includes employment through Northwell University Hospital in maternity and high risk antipartum and postpartum care. She later joined Contemporary Women’s Care, an independently owned OB-GYN office in Suffolk county and is now delighted to join the practice of Women’s Health and Wellness.
Lisa collaborates with Dr. Evan Shapiro and Dr. Steven Cohen. Her clinical interests include adolescent care, perimenopausal management, contraceptive management, well women’s health maintenance exams, preconception counseling, and in office obstetrical and postpartum care.
License and Certification
- New York State License: Nurse Practitioner in Family Health (F341563-1)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Certification (ANCC)
- New York State License: Registered Nurse (639729-01)
- American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- American Red Cross Mass Care
- Nurse Practitioner Association (NPA): Long Island Chapter
- Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH)
- Northwell Health Employee Health Services
- Contemporary Women’s Care: Obstetrics/Gynecology
- North Shore University Hospital: High Risk Women’s Health
- North Shore University Hospital: Maternal and Child Health
- Interior Design